Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eating of the solids

So everyone told me that the first time you feed solids to your babies you have to brake out the camera and take some pictures. So we did and I have to say, my girls eat like they are much older then just 5 months. First, they eat cleanly. No food on the face. They don't really spit it out and they don't make a mess with their hands in their faces. Second, they like the taste. They didn't make the sourpuss face! I was so looking forward to it too! :( Third, they eat whatever I give them and ALL I give them. I have finally figured out something that Izzy likes to eat!!! I am so happy! After fighting with her for 5 months 5 to 6 meals a day, trying to get her to drink her bottle, I now know that she will eat solids like it is going out of style!! In fact she lunges forward to the spoon. She just loves it!

Pepper
Pepper was trying to help daddy in this picture. Mom is usually the one to feed them so this was a learning experience for him too. I love her curled little toes!

Izzy
Full and done!

I am going to be making my own baby food and can't wait to try different foods. If we find something they don't like I will grab my camera and be sure to grab some cute pictures. (maybe just for the fun of it I'll have them try a lemon, he he he)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's awesome! I'm shocked they don't make a mess while eating. Our Pepper just started eating 3 days ago and gets it everywhere. Sam just sent me your blog, I've been wondering when I'd get to see pictures - they're adorable. Our blog is here: http://www.micro-bird.com. :)

    BTW, this is Amanda that had the combo baby shower with you at City of Mesa! Off to look at the rest of your posts now...

    ReplyDelete