Thursday, June 27, 2013

Four months later . . .

Four months have passed and no blogging.

Why do I let myself get so behind?

I think back to four months ago and what was going on in our life and fast forward to now and it feels like it was more then just four months. So much has happened. So much has changed. So much is different, and so much has been learned.


First let's talk about the girls. That is what everyone wants to to hear about anyway. (I'm right, huh?)
The girls are TWO! Can you believe it? Already! I can't believe my babies are so big. They are the cutest little things ever! I'm not biased, just relaying the quote I hear from people everywhere we go.


They love to make messes, to read, and to play. They love Mickey and Minnie Mouse and have even found a liking for Dora. (they have never watched a show, only read the books, I really have no clue where it comes from) They LOVE french fries (no judging) but will eat lots of cauliflower, broccoli, and even squash. They have really enjoyed the pool this year and I can say this season has been much easier on me because they aren't trying to go under water as much as they were last year. (yes, I have two eyes but they face the same way. Two babies + water + walking in different directions = lots of swallowed water) 




They both bring me the biggest smiles and the biggest headaches. They are definitely two! A few months back my Mother-in-law and I were at Home Depot. I was shopping for a new front door and while I was putting in my order with the sales man my mother-in-law was entertaining the girls. They were not having it! We were there for almost an hour and the snacks we brought were out! My mother-in-law finally came up with an idea and they spent the better part of almost 45 minutes walking up to each and every display door and knocking. Thank goodness she was there to help! We thought it was cute and even people walking by said that the girls were adorable (which they are when they are not screaming) and they brought a smile to our faces. The next morning when we woke up I was laying in bed waiting to hear the tell-tell signs that the girls were up. Instead of the cute giggles that I used to hear come from the room, I heard a lite knocking. Cory turns to me and says "Are they knocking on their door to come out?" Every morning since we have been greeted with knocking. Polite, cute, tiny little knuckles of knocking.


Pepper
Oh my goodness this girl!!! She cracks me up! She is so funny. First of all, I have never seen someone so klutzy in all my life. Not only has she tripped four times, on nothing trying to make it across the living room, but one day after putting them down for their nap I spent the greater part of their nap cleaning. I cleaned, vacuumed, mopped every room in the house! I picked up every toy, pushed in every chair, and put everything where it belonged. There was not a thing out of place. After taking on such an endeavor I kicked off my shoes, put up my feet and rested. I only got about 7 minutes before hearing the knocking on the door which told me they were up. They were happy to see me when I opened to door and came sprinting out of the room, running through the hall, turning around the dining table, straight through to the family room and then Pepper tripped on the ONLY thing on the floor. My shoes. I could not stop myself from laughing. What a klutz!


Izzy
Oh my princess Iz! She is one of the most picky people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I'm sure she hates me some days because I am not that mom. I do not cut the crust off and what I serve for dinner is what we are eating. If you don't like it you can go to bed hungry, and I'm sure she has! Don't worry! I finally found something that I was willing to give her complete control over: she is now the official clothes picker-outer. Did I mention that was for the whole family? She has no problem telling me or Cory what we are to wear that day. She picks out my pants, my shirt and my shoes almost everyday! And dare I try to get away with not wearing a bra that day, she is there setting me straight, holding my bra, saying "no, momma. Bra". (lol) There have been many occasions where we have been brought the shoes we are to be wearing! She loves to bring out Cory's boots (each weighs 10 pounds or so), she has to bring them one at a time because they weigh so much. Not only will she set them in front of Cory, but if he does not start putting them on, she will point to the inside of the boot and say "gos, on" (it goes on right here, daddy) So, now-a-days I guess if you see any of us and you like what we are wearing you will have to send the complement Izzy's way.


Cory
Cory is doing great! He got a wonderful new job with Valley Metro and is loving it. He is the boss now! He still loves his motorcycle and although he doesn't have as much time to ride it as he used to (I can't imagine why) He still plans and takes little trips up north. He has also started a side business were he takes people's old photo, videos, papers, movies, ext, and converts them to a digital format. He is really enjoying it and it was a wonderful excuse for him to buy out the electronic store! I still have no clue how he talked me into it!


Me
I have been really enjoying being a mom. I've thrown myself into it full force and love the joy I get from watching my girls learn and grow. Yes, they test me (daily) and yes, they scream and cry, but they also give me the biggest hugs and the softest kisses. They love to play with me, and there have been many times a little hand has pulled me away from what I'm doing because they just want to sit with their mommy, read a book with me, or snuggle with me. My girls are definitely my world. I am busy and keeping up a blog is not always in the cards. But at least I got one in. At this point in time I am trying to eat more healthy and for once and all drop the diet coke! So many things have happened to me in the last few days and what I am always left with is a feeling of graduate. I am thankful for the people who love me and family I have. Life is not always easy, but that was never the point. I can't always have an easy life but I can always have a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment