Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

I hope every one's  V-day was as good as mine.
First of all, Cory and I don't do anything for Valentines Day. (my rule) I don't think that the one you love should have to show you they love you on any particular day. I tell Cory to pick a day sometime during the year and do something nice for me. That way I am surprised and feel more loved then if he was forced to do it because of what day it was.
However, for the rest of my family it is just another fun reason to spoil my girls!

Bright and early the girls and I got up. I had signed us up for a Valentine day party at the A.M.Y. and so we left the house at 8am to start our fun day! 
Aunt Kari had brought by some yummy animal crackers the night before and I grabbed those as we ran out the door because I had no clue how long the line for breakfast was going to be and if the girls would need something to hold them through.
Izzy could not fit them into her mouth fast enough!!! I think she had 4 or 5 in there when I got this photo.
The girls loved their breakfast and ate very well, considering they just finished a whole box of animal crackers.



They ended up eating a whole banana each and I went back for more muffins. Sometimes I have no clue where they put all this food.
After a great meal the girls and I spent some time playing . . .




There were so many kids there but the girls didn't seem to mind. We go there often enough now that I think they feel comfortable to play without worry. When we went in for story time it was packed! Normal my girls can't stand to be packed into a room (something to do with being in a belly for 9months and having to share that tiny room) But today they loved it! Especially when Curious George showed up!


Next, we went and did cookie decorating. I don't know what I was thinking? The girls had fun, but I spent the next hour cleaning frosting off of all three of us.

They even had balloon making there and the girls got flower balloons with a heart for a flower. Super cute. They ran around the building waving their balloons everywhere.

Before we left we went outside and they had a firetruck there. I had no clue the girls would be so in love with a real live firetruck. I mean, I could have laid down and taken a nap and they would probably still be just staring at it.
Luckily, I finally got them to turn away from the firetruck and we we able to load up in the car and head home for lunch. Heart shaped sandwiches and carrots. They got to eat their banana sugar cookies that they frosted earlier too. Before they went down for their nap I gave them the presents from Cory and me.

Which they loved!, and now ask to be tucked into every nap and bedtime.
But that's not all . . . 
After Grandma Karla and Aunt Kacee got off work they came over with a real treat. I'll just let the pictures explain . . . . .



















Yummy!!!!!
Oh my goodness. Can you say spoiled?

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how beautiful your girls are. Love those cute pillow and blankets. You are such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete