Sunday, October 16, 2011

OMG, We made it!!!



So, Cory and I decided to take the girls on their very first car trip.

(Izzy)

(Pepper)

I know, what were we thinking?
I spent the day before packing, and packing the day of, (babies have a lot of stuff!) and we left 45 minutes late!
It gets better,
We went up state about a 4 hour drive, and when we set off I didn't know if we were going to make it. The girls cried for the first hour, and feedings and changing diapers is not easy when you travel, but we did make it! When we finally got there Pepper cried, . . . LOUD!!! . . . .for an hour. Cory and I had no clue what was wrong, and she didn't want to eat!!! K, if you know Pepper you know that there is one thing that Pepper knows how to do almost as good as her mommy and that is, eat. So, I did the only thing that I knew would work . . . I got her blanket and swaddled her as tight as I could. She fell asleep five minutes later.
Only after we had put them down for the night did we realise she had been asleep during the time we drove up to the top of the rim and have not popped her ears. I would be crying too. Poor thing. :(

I did not pack their baby bath tub, I figured I could just give them a bath in the tub there. They loved it! I splashed the water up on them and they squealed in delight. And putting them down was easy. I had no clue how they were going to sleep, and they truly surprised me.

(Izzy and Pepper at night)


(morning)
They really didn't bother each other much either.

On the ride home they slept almost the whole time. (Thank goodness) And when we got home I think I finally took my first breath.

OMG, we made it, and for now that is all I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment