Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Arizona Rain

For those of you that don't live in Arizona let me explain Arizona Rain. First of all, we don't get much of it. I think the record is 117 days without rain. And when we do get it, it comes in fast, pours hard and then leaves. If you get rained on for more then an hour, consider yourself rare.

On this day, the girls and I were playing outside. There were some clouds in the air which made being outside where the sun beats down on you, bearable. I had a blanket out on the grass and we were playing with twigs and eating grass and all the sudden and burst of wind can through and the clouds shifted. Being a pure blood "zonie" I knew what this meant and started picking up our stuff. 
I barely got the blanket in the house before it started pouring, and our afternoon of playing outside and eating grass turned into an afternoon of watching the rain. Pepper was the brave one that went out on the porch to look closer, and Izzy was just fine with staying inside and watching from the doorway. It rained for about 45 minutes and then stopped just as fast as it started.
The whole time I kept wondering what the girls were thinking about. They weren't upset or afraid, nor did they act happy or excited. They just watched it rain. What a beautiful wonder rain is.

No comments:

Post a Comment