Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Grandpa's "updated" Train Ride

 It is funny to watch my dad with these girls. He is just so in love with them. He begs me to bring them over, and will rearrange his schedule, or drop what he is doing if I need someone to watch them. One of the activities that he and the girls enjoy doing together is going for walks. Sometimes he takes them for a quick walk in the back yard and sometimes they go for a walk around the block.
 My friends that live in the same neighborhood as my parents, all tell me that they have seen him walking up and down the streets with these girls. They are all wearing big grins and having a blast.
 They look at the plants and trees and because my dad has gone up and down all the streets he knows the best streets to walk down with the most flowers and plant life for them to see and in some cases, touch.
 He said that a few times people who have driven by have stopped in their cars and talked with him. They ask all the "twin" questions and say how cute they are and then drive on. Grandpa loves it and loves being Grandpa. Sometimes I wonder who really is having more fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment