Monday, February 4, 2013

Mondays

Most people hate Mondays. I, myself was once one of those people, but over the last year my attitude has changed toward them. Yes, they are the beginning of a work week for me too. (although my work week never ends) I treat my role as a mom like a full time job. The hours are planned out. I have to have things done by certain times on certain days. I have to-do lists and sometimes work with very difficult people. I do not sit around eating bon-bons all day, and I do not get to do whatever I want. I take my job very seriously and strive to be the best mom I can each day. The hours are crappy but the pay is so worth it!
So, back to Mondays, Cory gets up and heads off to work and my day begins. I try to pack as much as I can into my Mondays so that I can enjoy the rest of the week with my girls. The errands need to be run and the house needs to be cleaned. The clothes get washed and the food gets prepped.
We start our day at 7:00am, almost on the dot!

 My girls have a build in timer. They know when everything starts and ends and if I'm off or not paying attention, they are happy to let me know! Loudly!
Breakfast is a very casual affair in our house. I make a few things like eggs or sometimes we get french toast or pancakes but for the most part cereal works. However, a banana must be eaten! Every morning I hear, nana, nana, nana, nana? nana! nana?!?!
After breakfast the girls are allowed to play with their toys. Sometimes they sit nicely in the family room and play with a few toys and sometimes they like to scatter them all over the house.
Either way, I like to use this time to get ready and get some of my chores done around the house. Because Monday is my laundry day I make sure and start a batch and move a batch before we head out for our errands.
At 10am the girls are ready to leave and we load up. I hit the farmers market, Costco, and walmart. Sometimes if I have an extra errand I'll leave a little early, but today I didn't need to. The girls are always a hit and I have yet to go anywhere without hearing some kind of twin comment. But I guess who can blame them.


Today I got home from running my errands at noon. I quickly put together lunch for the girls and my real work began. I have little games I play with myself to try and get as much work done as I can on Monday. One is trying to get all the food put away and prepped by the time the girls finish lunch. Today I almost did it too. By the time they were done I only had the carrots and broccoli left to prep for dinners and they didn't take my very long to finish.
Once the girls went down for their nap I attacked my to-do list. Move the laundry, put the toys away, clean the bathroom, move the laundry, take out the trash, sweep, mop, vacuum, move the laundry, clean the laundry room, dust the family room, clean out the fridge, move the laundry, pay the bills, change the sheets, do the dishes, move the laundry, do I hear movement from the girls' room?
Now to the reason I love Mondays . . . . .
LET'S GO OVER TO GRANDMA AND GRANDPA'S!
Every Monday my parents take the girls for a few hours in the afternoon so I can do whatever I need to do. Most of the time I am finishing housework and sometimes I watch a movie or read a book, or when the girls were younger I have gone back to bed. Whatever! It's my time! And during that time the girls do . . . . . .






Whatever!
Today, from what I was told, they picked and juiced oranges from my parents' orange tree. My dad even got them cute miniature pink wagons to put the oranges in and take them over to the orange bucket.


Whatever! I'm glad they have fun.
I came home and cleaned.
I moved the laundry, again and sat down and folded six loads of laundry. I reorganized the shelving in my laundry room, throwing away a lot of junk, put together dinner, and then went to pick up the girls. All in all, I'm happy with the work day. 
Oh, I better go. Just heard the last load of laundry timer go off.
See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment