Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Child's Ready

So the girls and I signed up for a program called "My Child's Ready". They offer personal visits with a parent educator, parent group meetings, developmental screenings and resources, and group actives with other children in the area. The girls and I have our parent educator come into our home twice a month and help me learn different things I can do with my kids to help them develop and learn. It is super fun and the girls love their parent educator, Emilie.
Today she came by and we worked on colors. I have been trying to point out colors to the girls for the past couple weeks and Pepper can pick out yellow and sometimes purple, while Izzy has Purple down and can sometimes pick out red. However, I can't even get them to say orange. In fact, just the other day I asked Pepper to say orange and she looked me dead in the face and said "No!" Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying. Anyway, we are having a blast and I am loving all the ideas and fun games that Emilie shares with me on how I can help them learn.
About a week ago My Child's Ready had a group activity that we went to and I could not believe how much fun it was.
These first few pictures were when we were waiting in the front lobby. They have toys set up and a train track. There are books and puzzles to play with too. Sometimes I am amazed at how much fun they can have before the fun has even begun.

 They had me put name tags on them so instead of putting them on their front I put them on their backs. I figured they would not mess with them if I put them where they could not reach them. Before you go thinking that was a smart idea and that I should win an award for my mommy smarts, I forgot that even though they could not reach their own name tag, they could still reach each others. (sigh)
 Good thing they had cars, maybe they will forget about the name tags.
 Once we got to go play the girls had so much fun. Izzy liked the station where you could decorate an igloo out of marshmallows. And she didn't even eat one! (Pepper ate a few) And they had a station with clean snow (it was made out of TP), the girls liked it but wanted their hands cleaned right away. Pepper loved the station where you could color with Popsicles, although she might have like the Popsicle the best. And both of the girls loved this station.
 They had blocks of ice that the kids could put rock salt on so that it would melt and then you could put food coloring on it and the coloring would make neat pictures in the ice. We were not the only ones that  played at this table when the girls were done their hands were colored in all kinds of different food colors!
 After the play room we went into the meeting room for snacks and the girls and I read some books. They had bagels that you could decorate like snowman but we never got to the decorating part.
 Sometimes I have no clue how they fit so much in their mouths!
 Anyway, we had so much fun and I am so thankful that we found this group and and can't wait for the next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment