Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The I.D.E.A. Museum

Every Tuesday the girls and I go to the I.D.E.A. Museum (Arizona Museum for Youth) and we have a ball. I think we came across it by mistake one day and the girl at the front desk told us we could go in and play for free because they were closing in an hour and after dragging a screaming Izzy out of the building because she did NOT want to go, the next day I was back buying a year pass. I go at least once to two times a week and the girls love it!
Where do I even began?
They have a few of these noise makers that move and and wiggle as you push them around the room. There are about three or four of them and the girls love to track them down. I think Izzy spent 20 minutes pushing this one around one day.

Yes, there is a garden. Pepper likes to put the carrots in the garden ground and then go find one of the baskets and "pick" them. They have a felt tree too with apples, oranges, pears, and bananas that you can pick.

 Behind the girls you can see a block mat. All the blocks are soft and today we spent a great deal of time stacking them up and pushing them over. Pepper has been very helpful of letting me know when she picks up a yellow one. "Yeyo" as she likes to call it.

The biggest light bright wall I have ever seen! The girls love this one so much, I have spent hours in this spot.

The big red piano. It is on the ground so the girls can crawl all over it and they can play the keys too. This one sometimes has a wait because my girls are not the only kids who like to play on this thing.


Everywhere you turn there is something on the walls for the girls to play with. They also have art stations throughout the place so the kids can color, draw, paint, glue, cut, stamp, and tie. They are always switching it up too. So there is never a dull moment.
 

Play Kitchen. Complete with sink. They also have a refrigerator, oven, microwave, stove, table, chairs, phone, oven mitts, mop and broom, aprons, and food! Drawers and drawers of food!


They have a living room with books and kid couches. My girls are always about the books! Love that about them. Today went to "artful tales" where one of the workers came in to the stage room (yes they have a room with stage that you can put on shows and plays) and she read us a book. 

Touch and feel room
 On the walls of this room you can find all kinds of things to touch and feel. 



We Love this place so much we invited our friend Juslee one time and she had fun too. (please see the kid in the background mopping the roof. Don't know why but that always makes me laugh)

 Well, until next Tuesday . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment