Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Super Sick Monday

We have been really lucky in our house staying away from all sickness that have been passed around everywhere. In fact, I think I can only remember two other times where they were sick. Like I said, we are really lucky. We have stayed away from all the colds and stomach flu, but yesterday my girls came down with high fevers. This was what my Monday looked like . . . 


They crawled into bed with mommy and we watched Baby Einstein and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all day. We snuggled in bed together and they each took turns laying in my lap. I gave them hugs and kisses and lapped it up as much as I could. I was really proud of them too, they ate all the good and healthy food I made for them. (I couldn't get them to eat any of it today, of course)
By their nap time they were tired and ready to go back to sleep, so I brought them into bed, made sure that they drank more water before putting them down, gave them some medication to help bring down the fever, and then gave them kisses and hugs.
I went out into the family room to began my nap time routine. BUT, there were no toys to clean up! There were no messes, no thrown food, no spilled juice or milk, no drawers were emptied, and no surprises behind the couch. You would think that I would be thrilled, but I was sad. I felt so bad for my girls. They didn't get to be kids today because they were sick. They didn't get to play and make messes either. They didn't do anything!
Luckily, by about 3pm that afternoon the fevers broke and they began to be my kids again.
And today was crazy! I had two very whiny, very cranky girls on my hands. They made messes. They pulled out every . . . single . . . . toy. They found new drawers to empty, and at lunch they found new places to hide their food. (insert rolling of eyes here) I had no clue the house could be this messy and loud! And yet, all day I could not wipe the smile from my face. 
My girls were well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment