Monday, September 5, 2011

Blessing Day

I have been avoiding blogging about their blessing day. Not because we didn't have a good blessing day, or because I have been too busy, or because I didn't have an idea on how I wanted to do it or what to say. I have been avoiding blogging because in these pictures, I look like crap! I know, I'm totally vain.

The day was great and wonderful. We really didn't invite tons of people either and yet it felt like we were surrounded by family and friends. Cory did a wonderful job giving the blessing and it was the first twin blessing I had ever seen. After he gave Izzy her blessing he brought her down and I walked up to meet him with Pepper. Our hand off of babies was very smooth, if I do say so myself. (we had been practicing) After he gave Pepper her blessing I started thinking about the different things that Cory blessed our beautiful little girls with and how the blessings were so different. Each one of the blessings fit each girl so perfectly.

(Izzy & Pepper)

Heavenly Father has blessed our lives so much with these girls, in so many ways too. Yes, Cory and I now have children and that has brought us closer as a family. And yes, we are now learning all the fun little things parents get to learn when we have kids, but they have enriched our lives in ways I didn't know they could. I want to be a better person for my girls. I care more about the things I say and do, because one day soon, they are going to start copying everything I do and say. My relationship with my family has gotten closer. I love taking them over to the grandparents houses. It is so much fun to see how happy these girls make our families.

(My mom holding Izzy, my dad holding Pepper)


(Four generation picture on Cory's side)
(Cory holding Pepper, Grandpa Jay, Sara Mae, Karla holding Izzy)

(Four generation picture on my side)
(Grandma Palmer holding Izzy, me holding Pepper, and my dad)

Each day I get to send with these wonderful little blessing is better then the last and they are teaching me so many things. I both love and cherish each day and also can't wait for the next. They are truly the best gift I have ever received from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment